The Liberty Theatre and gift shop sign.
 110 Jerome Avenue
 Jerome, AZ 86331
 (928) 649-9016
 
 MAIN
 
 
 GIFT SHOP
 
 
 EVENTS/
 RENOVATIONS
 
The LIBERTY THEATRE'S HISTORY
 

The Liberty Theater originally opened in 1918. It featured silent movies and vaudeville acts until its closing in 1929.

It was built to seat 536 people. Tickets were purchased at the front ticket booth for 20 to 30 cents, the cheaper seats being the balcony.

 


Patrons would then walk down the outside walkway and enter the theater at the rear of the building.

The stage and orchestra pit were located on the first floor. The dressing rooms for the vaudeville actors were on the second floor.

 


After the theater closed in 1929, the downstairs was converted into the Liberty Cafe. Then, in the 1960's, it was changed again into a retail and antique shop.

The upstairs area remained unchanged since its closing.

 


In 2003, the current owners started renovation on the original theater. It soon will once again function in its original splendor.

 

  The Jerome Grand Hotel.